PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INVERNESS
Thread: INVERNESS
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 11:58
mizake the mizzen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INV-LCY

INV-LCY does seem an odd choice, I heard the rumor was the aircraft would op LCY-INV Slot1/AM then op INV-XXX-INV and back to LCY Slot2/PM.

That would kind of make sense as the only morning flight from the London area TO Inverness is now the EasyJet Luton flight, the Easyjet LGW-INV doesn't leave LGW until midday so not much use for passengers traveling from London to do a day trip to INV.

It would be a shame if the INV-AMS service were to be dropped once the funding runs out in September but who knows BE may have a change of heart.

The rumour about BA re-invigorating the LHR service has been around for a while (wasn't it dependent on LHR getting a 3rd runway I seem to remember Willie Walsh saying).

On a personal note (as a regular user of the BE MAN-INV and LGW-INV services), the flybe crews at Inverness were always friendly, professional and courteous (several of them ex Dan-Air from the days when DA operated INV-LHR-INV with a based BAC1-11/B737, then made redundant following DA's takeover by BA and the closure of the INV Crew base, then re-employed by BA franchise British Regional when the INV Crew base re-opened in 1998, then transferred to flybe). I am sad that so many good people lost their careers for the sake of saving a few pounds, that's showbiz I suppose.
To all the former INV based Crews- Thanks and Best wishes for a successful and happy future.