PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 06:50
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by drwatson
What ATCC KUL and RMAF ( and even ATCC SGN -Ho Chi Minh) did those crucial hours went MH370 was trackable is important. When i lose anything i track back my exact actions to the time i last saw the missing item and the actions prior ..during and proceeding that.
True.

In professional terms an minute by minute detailed incident report from the time contact waa lost is needed. . . Simply assume the plane crashed into South china sea and do nothing?
We don't even know they made that assumption for some time.

No alerts went off to RMAF to scramble rescue..a plane down kn the seas wiyh possible survivors? No maritime or RMAF radar on high alerts? The current view is that they are a third world nation and simply messed up their SOPs does not cut it for me.
As pointed out below, there was no assessed air breathing threat to the CONUS so your military was effectively stood down prior to 911.

MH370 may not have been thought to be a threat or hijacked or been flown rogue but some reaction was taking place..adrenaline was rushing through some ATCC operations and MAS and RMAF and did they did nothing or everything wrong or made all the wrong assumptions is highky unlikely.
I think many people in a similar situation would be covering their six rather than admit out right that - they didn't notice, they didn't think, they weren't looking etc etc. It needs a special culture to say - Boss I goofed and for the Boss not to cover his 6.

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 4th Apr 2014 at 08:22.