PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 01:03
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
The worm turns!

Look FBN, I have labeled you a troll, but against my better judgement I'm at least going to try to enlighten you.

I did the hard yards in G/A, and I'm a Captain on one of those turboprops you so fervently despise. We have Cadets, and almost without exception they have proven themselves up to the task. What they lack in experience is usually compensated for by good training, intelligence and enthusiasm. Putting some aspects of their low experience aside, on a day to day basis, it's difficult to tell the difference between the two intake streams.

Make no mistake however, cadetships in Australia and for that matter overseas, have evolved for one reason and one reason only: To keep the supply and demand for pilots firmly in the favour of employers. If you believe otherwise, especially considering your profile as a 38 year old non airline pilot, then it just goes to shows how little you know about the true nature of airline recruitment here or anywhere else.

As a regional airline pilot, I am exactly were I choose to be today. Many other regional and G/A drivers aspire to bigger things, and the very best of luck to them. The reality for the foreseeable future will probably be that the real and employed pilots in this country may just have to sit tight for a while.

As for those currently undergoing cadet training, they may just find themselves without a job due to the pendulum swinging back to the employer. You do realise that until employed they have no rights under an industrial agreement? If you honestly believe that people who are essentially unemployed pilots with zero experience (cadets), will have a better chance of employment in the coming environment, then you are probably even more naive than your posts suggest.

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 6th Apr 2014 at 02:31. Reason: Clarity