PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Pilots (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2003, 09:20
T_richard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trippster

First of all you have my sympathies, in 23 years in business I have seen more than enough decisions by committee that turned a horse into a camel. Maybe a little commonsense refinement will smooth ou the rough edges. One can only hope. As a dyed in the wool gun nut, I think the following issues should be reviewed:

selection of firearm; a snub nose .38 or a.357 will be easier to maintain, operate and secure the a big glock .40 or similar weapon. If you don't get the bad guy at close range within say 4 shots, there isn't gonna be a gun battle.

storage/carry; an ankle holster fits the body configuration, maintains weapon security and minimizes handling by unauthorized staff.

I really want to see someon execute the "over the shoulder" shot with lights blairing, horns going off and bodies flying around. I am sure its not the only maneuver, but it has a high probability.

Finally, don't make fun of those chicken plucking fowl inspectors. You don't know what its like when the rooster is on the loose in the barnyard. A lot of cocks get hurt in these situations