PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2014, 19:48
Biggles1957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Inmarsat data

@WillFlyForCheese

I agree; as the UK AAIB have reviewed Inmarsat's work, presumably they have reviewed these tests as well. That the source data has not been made public has caused much debate here on PPRuNe.

I don't understand what Inmarsat are showing on their "Burst Frequency Offset Analysis" chart for the time-period, from take-off up to the time we are led to believe last primary radar contact was lost at approx 18:20UTC i.e. what the "Predicted Track" represents for this time period - the measured track here appears wayward but after this point it follows their Predicted Southern Track.

It is disappointing the Malaysians have not made public a definitive track from the last known position in the South China Sea at 17:20UTC, when the transponder stopped, to the position of last primary radar contact in the Strait of Malacca at 18:20UTC. (The Chinese media have released an alleged, incomplete, trace for the Strait of Malacca, but the Malaysians refused to comment on this.) I suspect that events including route/speed/altitude etc in that missing hour are key to this mystery.