PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hyperthyroidism
Thread: Hyperthyroidism
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2014, 18:11
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I am not angry at all, just sad.Those regular posters will remember a parallel thread on statins - that statins were dangerous, that the drug companies only made them to make money at the cost of peoples' health, that all doctors were under trained, and that doctors were taking backhanders and bribes from the drug companies.

All untrue I might add, and since then several more national bodies have endorsed widespread use of these generic drugs that are out of patent.

I dont have a problem with anyone doing whatever they want in health terms, but those of us who are medically or paramedically qualified have a responsibility to point out when something is advised which has no scientific basis and indeed may be harmful. People can then try the snake venom or eye of newt on the basis of informed consent.

The problem with your hypothesis is that endocrine medicine is a massive nidus of international research. There are literally hundreds of researchers and trainee doctors desperate for publications looking for new angles. If these abnormalities of the adrenal gland existed, they would have been measured, published and accepted.

Lets leave everyone to make their own mind up - as you say they are intelligent and indeed educated people. If you want to persuade me PM me any research and I will happily look at it