PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2014, 15:26
Andy_S

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Walnut
However historically as only about 10% or less of air crashes are caused by high jack or suicide then it has to be assumed that an aircraft malfunction has occurred. As such the travelling public are going to be very unhappy climbing aboard a B777 with a mechanical flaw.
In the absence of anything new to report and the re-emergence of silly conspiracy theories, I’ve been avoiding any discussion of MH370. But I can’t let nonsense like this go unchallenged.

No, it does not have to be assumed that an ‘aircraft malfunction’ took place. There’s not one, tiny, shred of evidence to support such an absurd statement.

How long has the 777 been in service? How many 777’s are currently flying? And how many 777 hull losses have there been? You don’t have to be a mathematician to work out that the aircraft has an excellent safety record.

It’s been over three weeks now since the disappearance of MH370. I have seen no evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, that in that time the ‘travelling public’ have been ‘very unhappy’ about ‘climbing aboard’ a 777. If you have such evidence, perhaps you could present it to back up your assertion.