PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2014, 12:53
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise...

Hi,
I do remember the very high level of speculations following AF447 tragedy, and also that most of it (if not all of it) was simply based on false assumptions due to erroneous media releases, usually sourced from unknown people being 'familiar with the investigation'. Even those preliminary reports were not convincing people that no Airbus/BEA 'cover up' was taking place...

As I'm trying to cross-check some of the facts concerning MH370 published so far, it appears that the same context is producing exactly the same effects:

i.e.: those radar data showing:
- sharp turn... or shallow turn(s)?
- altitude changes ranging from 12,000 (or 23,000) to 45,000 ft... or no change from cruising altitude?

Check the previously posted link here: MH370 wreckage, probable cause may never be found, says ex-NTSB investigator | Leeham News and Comment
interview with Greg Feith, a former investigator for the National Transportation Safety Board
Source: Aviation Week.

As for the related theory that the auto pilot took over after the crew was disabled by hypoxia, the series of left and right hand turns belies this, he said. If the crew were overcome, the airplane would have continued on its original course to Beijing. Instead, it made a “shallow” left turn after its last radio communication with Malaysian Air Traffic Control to a new course almost behind its original course. Then, over the Strait of Malacca, it made a right turn, a left turn and another left turn going south over the Indian Ocean.

Citing his sources familiar with the investigation, Feith said these were shallow banks of perhaps 20 degrees, normal turns that would not have alerted passengers that anything was out of the ordinary.

“The auto pilot isn’t smart enough [on its own] to make the maneuvers the airplane did,” Feith said.

All the altitude changes that have been reported in the media are incorrect, he said, citing his sources. The airplane never left its cruising altitude of 35,000 ft.

Well, I would wait for the first report to be released in order to check out what they really come up with...

Last edited by takata; 3rd Apr 2014 at 13:10.