PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2003, 06:01
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AGREED

Bart
While I may feel that Bill P as president made a good research officer, I am mindful that he did not want a second term.

To be fair to him, I do not feel you can blame the hangman for Ronald Ryan departing. Same for Bill P and Gregg. AOPA lost a good man and a good settlement $ with Gregg. I saw him working hard at Avalon and glad I did see him before he went.
(PS I don't see eye to eye with Chris McK re censorship of the mag but also applaud the long days he spent on his feet at Avalon at the AOPA stand).

Axy
I do agree with Bart on some excellent chances for comment to your 10 points. If Bill H was another Board member, about whom I have previously "writ", we would have seen many of the constituents of the Forum, and probably this Forum itself, receiving defamation writs by the truckload by now. I applaud Bill H for his statesmanlike approach to the blots on his escutcheon.
Cheers

On a separate subject, just received the latest email from the frontline. I wonder to myself -
Has/will AOPA help support Dennis?
Am I really going to have to throw out my C172 seatbelts every 10 years no matter how few hours flown and that car owners do not have to?

I could go on but I guess what I'm thinking is where is AOPA with these issues - been a long time between AOPA emails. Are we going to strongly lobby re this seat belt crap. Of course, being for aircraft they sell at 5 times their real worth anyway.

Was AOPA consulted re the seat belt issue. As an owner I certainly was not. Gaunty, this is hardly an advert for the brave new world of collaboration with CASA. I still look upon CASA as the chook and us as the pig when we make the bacon and eggs. They are involved, we are committed!
Not happy Joyce!