PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss at Toowoomba
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2014, 08:40
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good read. I am just studying the air law now for BAK. Last part I need to tidy off before I take the written exam. So I trotted off to read up some of the CAR's relating to right of way. I was pretty sure landing aircraft had right of way, but now I am totally sure!!!

FWIW, the 2 times I had to go around because an aircraft taxied onto the runway we climbed out to the right of the runway (deadside) so I was able to maintain visual contact with the aircraft on the ground. I assume that is the standard procedure.

Its interesting reading the stuff about who should have done what and the stubbornness around who was right and who was wrong. Being a motorcyclist and a mariner one thing I have learned over the years is there is no place for arrogance in either. I often see this same debate both in motorcycle and marine arena. At the end of the day, if some breaks the law I don't care, I am only interested in self preservation so I do what I have to do to survive.

There is one exception though, yacht racing... We have rescue boats on standby and there is always crashes