PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 23:08
hamster3null

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiskey Mike Romeo
We can go on ad nauseam creating posts about Inmarsat pings but the $64,000 question remains 'Who was flying the plane post FIR handover, where to and why?'

Surely nobody really believes, any more, that it was flying itself having taken the trouble to go incommunicado except for satellite linked ACARS.
Even Malaysian investigators can't figure out the "who". And they have far better knowledge of everyone on board than we do. They can't find anyone on the passenger list with terrorist connections or adequate knowledge of piloting a 777. The closest they got is one guy who used to work as a flight engineer for a jet charter company. And they can't find anything in backgrounds of either pilot that would raise any suspicion. At least so they say. It makes me wonder how hard it would be for an organized group of hijackers to simply intercept both pilots at some point prior to takeoff and to "substitute" their own guys without raising the alarm. But I don't want to go deep into conspiracy theory land.

As to "where to and why", southern route is only consistent with a very complicated and illogically executed suicide. I tried to point out a few pages back that actions up to 18:22 look less illogical and not so overly complicated if they were followed up (or were intended to be followed up) with a route to the west or to the northwest (most likely towards the Persian Gulf.) But that's still about as far as available evidence can take us.

Originally Posted by Major Cleve Saville
The very strong rumour in SE Asia is that the 'perpetrator' did attempt to speak to the government via air traffic and make demands regarding the charges against Dato Seri Anwar Bin Ibrahim.
On an open ATC channel with possibly dozen other aircraft listening in? And no one came forward and reported it in the media the morning after the disappearance? Count me as skeptical.