PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 20:17
Leightman 957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Theory

Ian W, James GV, and EEgr--I was passing on very carefully limited opinions of three aviation people with current operational familiarity with 777 systems, radar, and airline operation who have more knowledge than I and who were responding specifically to the Steel theory after conversing together about that site. I had hoped their opinions might be useful but I can't answer the questions you pose. I can add something that came after I made that post:

....your question about flight controls with total loss of power. Yes, they would maintain course. All flight controls stay at neutral when there is no input. The only time flight controls deviate from neutral is during hydraulic failure, a situation that would not arise as long as the engines are spooling.

If their opinions cause further dispute I apologize for the post. The one thing that is not in short supply is differences of opinion--not a good thing if those in contention are all aviation people with current operational familiarity with 777 systems, radar, and airline operation.