PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 17:56
Lonewolf_50

Received 408 Likes on 254 Posts
Originally Posted by Communicator
LW 50 - you found your dog based on information you sought and obtained.
I was worried that I'd find him dead, run over by a car, or that I'd not find him and he'd run off, never to be found again. In a search, with limited information, one still searches with such info as one has. In a more complex search, such as for a missing aircraft over the ocean, when you have conflicting input, where do you begin? Best estimate, which was probably something related to LKP. As other info gets to you and shapes your understanding, you may change your area of search. I find no intentional screw ups there, but their handling of the PR and press has been sub par, at best.
MAS and various national agencies have NOT found MH370. The crucial first days of the SAR operation were INTENTIONALLY WASTED
Respectfully disagree. I try not to ascribe to malice what is usually explained by incompetence.
Originally Posted by Communicator
More importantly, real experts are not afraid to re-examine even very basic premises in light of seemingly "ignorant" questions and comments from "non-experts".
This leads one to question how many experts Malaysia actually have on staff. See my first point. Add in the pride factor, and it makes sense to me how the early search efforts ran adrift.

ADDED later:

Communicator, for you to assert intentional waste of search time and assets, by someone in the Malaysian circle involved in this, you can't just leaved it hanging there.
Where does this assertion/assumption take you? It takes you to someone with material involvement in this search who wants this plane not to be found, or, wants to embarrass MAL, the government, the various ministers, high officials, etc.
Where does that lead you?
Deliberate sabotage, and a human agency either linked to a passenger who is not whom he/she seems to be, or collusion with a member of cockpit or cabin crew to deliberately stage a crash of that aircraft to achieve ... what political end?

To take the heat off of the trial of the opposition leader?
To deliberately piss of that large and powerful neighbor to their north?

What sort of conspiracy theory are you harboring? Or, if not, why didn't you think that through before making that accusation?

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 2nd Apr 2014 at 18:24.