PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair IOM-Reg Learjets...any FPL exemption?
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 16:09
Opsbeatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Trim,

'N' as far as I know, is a non-scheduled commercial flight. Here is the grey area of a commercial flight, has money changed hands for that flight? If not surely it is private.

From the IoM website (Isle of Man Aircraft Registry - Ground Rules - Isle of Man Government DED)
Aircraft registered on the Isle of Man are prohibited from conducting Public Transport / Commercial Air Transport or aerial work flights. In the event the Aircraft Registry finds evidence that this prohibition has been broken, we will have no hesitation in prosecuting the owner / operator.

Simple proceedure that I follow; has someone paid for the flight?
Yes = N
No = G

If this has changed then please please forward me to the regulation that allows this.

Just to state another point, if the flight was commercial then MOT & VAT would not be chargable on the fuel, however I do not know of an 'M' reg aircraft that has not been charged MOT on its fuel...recently!

OB

Last edited by Opsbeatch; 2nd Apr 2014 at 16:10. Reason: A smiley appeared from somewhere!