PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting Young...
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2003, 02:14
OBK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Britannia recently type rated a host of low time pilots "

HUH! Ven vas zis!? Are you referring to the FOs they took on a while back, or the people directly from CTC? Or have I missed something I haven't even got my ATPL so I haven't missed any golden oppurtunities but I really shouldn't be missing things like this!

WhiteDevil

"I was a bit confused, i know more about the aircraft than the airlines that operate them"

u wat?

===========================

I agree with everyone else, join the ATC, not just for the flying or housekeeping ( ) **good times**. However, the sqdn I was at quite rapidly became seriously boring...i.e - doing housekeeping every day. College came along, found it a perfectly good reason to quit! I would of gone to the next sqdn..but that was 30miles away and quite a trek..BY FOOT! Wingfield days are a laff and the free flying is....FREE! What else can I say.

As for airlines, nit picking gets thee nowhere! If you're offered a paid job flying a C150 up and down the country all day ferrying hamsters..TAKE IT! You'll soon come to realise that if you do get a job in this industry, no matter what it is....you are one hell of a lucky ...person (to be polite)

At the end of day "go for it"