PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Wildey and the Cessna
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 10:02
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw the interview with him on television which was embarrassing as the interviewer pressed him on experience.

He stated he had been up on numerous occasions and when pushed admitted to on one occasion being given the controls.

He was then asked what his real world job had been?

He looked very embarrassed and tried to avoid answering on three occasions until further pressed stated he had been in the RAF.

I actually wonder how much money he is making out of the television interviews and programmes.

Nothing is ever as it appears and while I have no doubts he did a fantastic job getting the aircraft down I don't think he is quite as green as he makes out? Even his RT was too good for a green know nothing passenger

I flew for a guy who brought a Seneca five twin. I was single pilot flying him all over the place and over time taught him how to fly to the point that he did a very good job and even knew the Garmin 530/Avidyne better than me.
He never held a licence but had I dropped dead at the controls I am sure in good weather he would have landed safely.
The press would have reported that the passenger landed the aircraft after the pilot died

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 2nd Apr 2014 at 10:17.