PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 01:15
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joe_bloggs
Having read the radio transcript something is not right. All the conversations prior to contact with departure radar use MAS370 not Malaysian 370.

But after radar contact the transcript show Malaysian 370 being used by both ATC and the aircraft.

It doesn't appear to be an accurate transcript. Or am I missing something?
Many airlines require the captain to handle the aircraft on the ground. RT would be covered by the PM. Perhaps the co-pilot took over and the subsequent RT was handled by the captain could be one theory. Also, generally ATC will often parrot a crew's phraseology and vice versa.

Point of interest: It is a transcript, so I would imagine there are no shortcuts and what is written is exactly what was said.

How common are garbled radio communications?
Quite common in my experience, 2dpilot, particularly at a large airport with many A/C on the same frequency.

Originally Posted by papershuffler
Is there any way anyone could possibly have known how poor/switched off the primary radar coverage for that part of Asia and Australia (especially considering all the hype regarding JORN) actually was, prior to this event?
A quick gander at a map tells the story very well - track is well out of radar range because it is far from any populated land masses.