View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 01:06
Ex Douglas Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously a bit of a worldwide search going on at the moment:

Cathay explores Asian links | Stuff.co.nz

Cathay explores Asian links
Last updated 05:00 21/03/2014

A Hong Kong-based airline has acknowledged it is a target of Christchurch Airport's plans to boost passenger numbers from Asia and beyond.

Brian Tsoi, Cathay Pacific country manager for New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, yesterday said the airport had made approaches for the Hong Kong-based airline to launch a service.

Christchurch airport has said it is in talks with China Southern and "other" airlines, but does not usually name the airlines it is in negotiations with.

Tsoi noted that Cathay Pacific had a daily Hong Kong service to Auckland, that was moved to a "double daily" service during the peak summer December-February period, with flights operated by A340-300 aircraft.

Tsoi said: "Cathay as you know flies daily flights into Auckland . . . and we're delighted to expand our opportunities, and I think one of the reasons I'm actually here is because Christchurch Airport wants Cathay Pacific to fly direct services to Christchurch."

The airline was open to new services, "but at this stage I can't say when or if", he said.