PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye XP?
Thread: Bye Bye XP?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2014, 00:43
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I sit here typing this message on my MacBook, the fan is going flat out trying to cool the machine down. After while, it will get so hot that it will shut down a core and start running slow.
Aah... so you're basing all your harshness towards Apple products over your very unscientific survey of one.

Well, let me tell you, neither my current or my previous MacBook pro, nor those of others at work exhibit the issues you describe. The only time you can get the fan going on a MacBook pro is if you are deliberatley performing CPU intensive tasks such as video rendering etc. ... but the CPU tasks have to be pretty intensive ... in which case I would fully expect the fan to start running, I'm surprised you would not !

Just typing and browsing the internet, you'll never get the fan going... ever !

I owned my previous MacBook pro for over 6 years and it performed flawlessley throughout despite me working it hard. Same with my current one. The only reason I upgraded was to get access to GPU rendering in Adobe in the newer model, otherwise I would have happily continued using it for another few years.

They are excellent value for money.