PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL/ME/IR/MCC
Thread: CPL/ME/IR/MCC
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2014, 22:45
weedman1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I have narrowed down my choices now for the CPL/ME/IR to Stapleford and Diamond Flight Academy. Just need to decide between them now and find out what will be better for me.

Stapleford is literally 20 mins drive from me which is very local and they are asking for around £25,482 for CPL/ME/IR and that includes all additional costs, flight tests and licensing fees. That's also including the ME/IR being done in the DA42 instead of the Seneca for the ME. I did my PPL there so I know how the instructors are like and also that they have a very good reputation.

Diamond is all the way up in Sweden and I have converted it too approx £21,000 which includes accommodation, all additional costs and flight tests. The only thing that needs to be budgeted for is the food and flights. I've heard a lot of good things about these guys too and plus they do all the flying in the DA42 from day 1 which is a good thing such as logging multi-engine hours. I also like the international route training that they provide with the course.

Its got me thinking if I should stay with Stapleford or go to Sweden for a few months and do all the training there. Also with Stapleford I have to travel to other airports that have VOR, NDB and ILS approaches as Stapleford is not fully equipped besides having the LAM VOR at the end of the runway. This is not so with Diamond in Sweden as the airport is fully equipped with all types of approaches. Also I think that if I do go to Sweden I might end up paying the same amount of money as Stapleford before the MCC.

Im totally confused about it all.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by weedman1990; 2nd Apr 2014 at 00:57.