PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rt Hon (?) George Galloway MP (Kelvin)
Old 24th Apr 2003, 00:20
Pilgrim101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steamchicken,

As a Scot I am ashamed to say that Galloway does indeed hold a safe seat (pending new boundaries for Glasgow Central) but once again repeat that a Chimp could retain such a seat for Labour in Glasgow. Galloway has got to be proof of that because his poor reputation is not a factor normally, nor does a predominantly left wing press feel it necessary to expose or highlight his tawdry little career.

He will of course squeal "conspiracy" and "smear" since he has such a high opinion of himself. I personally don't believe that the establishment thinks enough of Galloway as a "threat" to bother to stitch him up but there are enough apologists around for him to think he might get away with this and he has no choice but to fight it anyway. Remind you of anyone else recently.

He said that he didn't say "Sir" in his now infamous squirming @r$elicking "Sir, I salute your bravery, strength....." speech when it is quite clear he did say "Sir" and I think I misheard it myself when I thought he said "Sir, I salute your strength, your bribery........"

The Telegraph story has the legs to run and run. Galloway wouldn't have lasted five minutes if he had been a conservative but the hypocrisy of the left in the UK is quite breathtaking. Anyone supporting a murderous fascist like Saddam deserves our total contempt anyway so he hasn't got a leg to stand on - that point alone should finish him in any half decent society.