PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2014, 16:15
V12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonyq: Spirit of Liberum refers to their City house broker that has supported their refinancing. Fair move.

As a v regular FlyBe flyer, I am surprised they have allowed themselves to go through a rebrand when I doubt the regulars care one iota, and we all have got used to (fond of) the existing livery. Surely regional airlines fail because they lack the awareness with new users. If the purple achieves that, then fine, but I suspect it makes no difference to most, and what regional carriers need is to spend cash available for resprays and new uniforms on more regional awareness campaigns.

Darwin@CBG have all but died from lack of awareness; same of Minoan @OXF. Most punters have zero idea of what flies from their local regional airport, hence why they all go to the hubs for Jet2, Easyjet and Ryanair.

Spend the cash you have raised on local marketing! Yes you may be faster than road and rail, but we kinda suspected that anyway - thats why we choose to fly. So go find new passengers by advertising at the train stations.

I for one want FlyBe to survive and be strong; its a pretty useful little airline flying some pretty handy routes, and a nice bunch of people. The Embraers were great but too expensive, and the Q400s are fine.