PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lower back pain and Class 1 medicals
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2014, 10:26
Cruise Zombie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Radgirl, I take your point.

But I wonder why there seems to be so much back pain about. My GP never sent me to see a physiotherapist, preferring instead to throw pills at me which did nothing apart from giving me some unpleasant side-effects. Likewise my friends who benefitted from the exercises I mentioned were never sent to a physiotherapist by their GP and the few that did see a chiropractor had little joy. The excercises were a surprise to all the friends of mine that were helped, a surprise to my GP and, it would seem, a surprise to many people who left reviews on Amazon.

Maybe, given the large number of days off work due to back pain mentioned in the media, a study should be done to scientifically check on these exercises and how GP's approach the whole problem of back pain. Treatment may be different in different countries of course.

Although I'm free of pain, I don't know if my prolapsed discs are still prolapsed! They may be because if I stop doing the exercises (like I did one month) the pain gradually comes back.

Last edited by Cruise Zombie; 1st Apr 2014 at 10:39.