PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2014, 09:35
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find the lack of debris in the areas that have been searched to indicate that the plane did not crash there
I guess I'm not the only one to have the nagging feeling - exactly as I stated, when the first search area turned up nothing - that they were looking in the wrong place - and, as this search area has turned up exactly nothing, the logical conclusion is - the search is still in the wrong place.

Please show me the past aircraft crashes onto the open ocean surface, where no damage was done, and no debris was left floating.

The basic problem is the sheer paucity of real information such as speed and altitude in the last sector of the flight path.
The aircraft could have ditched 200NM further North, or gone 200NM further South than the initial search area.
I'm of the opinion a lot more work needs to go into pulling together any of the smallest shreds of evidence, that could produce a more precise definition of the actual flight path.

Perhaps a "convention" is needed, where all the experts get brought together to have a serious "idea-bashing" meeting - which might produce better results, than individual agencies working alone and independently.