PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hyperthyroidism
Thread: Hyperthyroidism
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2014, 23:55
Irish21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radgirl, I am not saying to not go to a doctor....the opposite...but I am saying that a diet change is necessity also to build the immune system back up which will also heal the adrenal glands and in turn may prevent the person from having to take meds long term for their thyroid issue. A diet change such as eliminating sugar, junk food, caffeine, alcohol etc is needed to heal the adrenal glands and flood the body with much needed vitamins/minerals this is just common sense.

Addison's disease is not the only adrenal gland issue...Adrenal Fatigue is the early stages of Addison's disease. Adrenal fatigue is our bodies check engine light to make changes in our lives. Adrenal Fatigue was discovered over 100 years ago, doctors back then took it seriously as this issue effect peoples health greatly just as it does today. Sadly though the pharmaceutical companies want people to pop a pill for life so they make more money vs first seeing if a diet change will heal the person's immune system which in turn will heal other health issues. Also doctors are not educated enough in med school about adrenal gland issues.

I personally suffered from adrenal fatigue without knowing it for many years and it was not until I found a doctor who not only tested me for it but also changed my diet to a plant based diet did I get better.

There is a connection between adrenal fatigue & hyperthyroidism just do a search on the net.

Last edited by Irish21; 1st Apr 2014 at 22:05.