PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2014, 22:42
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
bes

As to Fa's not being able to fight someone off, you might be surprised, I could throw a 6 foot man over my back when I was 7 and I am a women. It's true that most cabin crew are not trained pilots, but there are actually quite a few of them who have commercial and private liscences, who work as cabin crew while also building up there hours in other jobs. I've worked flights where I've had two of them on board.
I don't have a problem with any of that, but at the risk of sounding like a stuck record I fly with folks who, like myself in a previous life have been vetted to a very high level ( as in their reliability to release a "bucket of sunshine" or something similar). Suddenly it seems those same individuals who are now a bit older but the same individuals can't be trusted to be alone on the flight deck - so do we really think the answer to the loo break "problem" is to park someone with no flying knowledge and perhaps someone who perhaps couldn't have passed any serious vetting process right behind the only pilot. Ever heard of a cabin crew member or a fellow employee who didn't like pilots/have personal problems?

Federal Express Flight 705 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by wiggy; 31st Mar 2014 at 22:52.