PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2014, 19:18
Sop_Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unanswering of pilot applications.

Please if I may give you some thoughts on this, from 45+ years of professional aviation under my belt, including, instructing, ag flying, bush flying, GA, corporate and heavy a/c including B747 ops.

An operators greatest asset apart from their aircraft are their pilots and engineers. If they cant be arsed to answer applications, then they have done you a good turn, as they aren't worth working for. If you are treated like this when they are looking for pilots then how are you going to be treated when they don't want you, you must ask yourself? Like . unanswering is akin to addressing someone verbally and being ignored. Dumb insolence I prefer to call it. It's quite easy ready. To rely is to click reply and click submit. That is better that no response at all.

I am staggered to read they pick pilots up off the street. Goodness me you can pick up alsorts of nasty things up off the streets, especially in Africa!

We are in a highly litigious society now. If you get the wrong pilot and there is a pile up with powerful passengers on board, that prang can bring down a corporation, leave alone a tin pot aviation outfit. I am aware it is the way of the world now but that don't mean to say it is right. Common courtesy is in very short supply these days.