PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2014, 18:07
Owain Glyndwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK465

If I'm reading it correctly, I am guessing that what you're referring to here is the fact that in the simulation, the elevator smoothly continues to trend leading edge less down (less negative)/aircraft less nose up until the end of the plot.
Excuse my jumping back a couple of posts, but what I was actually describing as interesting was, starting from 114 kt, the sequential increases in thrust, airspeed, pitch and height. Each lags its predecessor as it must, but the end point is that the simulator run showed that the aircraft would have got to alphamax by about TGEN 336 and (with a reasonable extrapolation) 40 ft about two seconds later. This would be an elapsed time of around 7 or 8 seconds from the application of maximum back sidestick. The two other simulator exercises, Bechet's and an un-named pilot's show very similar times.

If we accept (as I think you do) that this simulator was a 'high fidelity' representation of the aircraft then these figures must mean something in terms of the actual aircraft behaviour on the day of accident. One might conclude that the EFCS was carrying out the pilot's command, but that the physics of the flight conditions were such that it would have needed around 7 or 8 seconds to complete the task.