PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL BLOG
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2014, 16:39
SMOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing a taxiway and adding 60 seconds of taxi time is details in the scheme of things.
Tell that to fuel bean counters

I guess what I was saying is two fold, the other day the north side was very busy as the single taxiway next to the terminal with single way flow is a great design (not) anyway, outbound flow was completely stuffed by the ground controller having a hard time with an A/C who had expeditiously gone down alpha eastbound as instructed by tower no doubt, she was more concerned about telling him off than giving precise instructions to get him (non local airline) to the south side.

Can we trial a standard routing to the south side to exit A7 straight onto V if clear rather than go steaming down A knowing we have to eventually get onto W or V. Even if it's only given to CX/KA something like expect taxiway V with the landing clearance, that way most of us who know HK well can keep the flow up and get away from the runway ASAP but not add to the ground traffic by becoming part if the departure ground movements. I'd rather " whiskey southbound" or "victor southbound".

And while I'm on a roll can someone change the new terminal 3rd runway complex to the ones like Heathrow and some of the US airports with the "toaster design" terminals, they're not pretty to look at but make north south airport movements a breeze compared to the current round the houses design in HK.

Does ATC have any input to the design of taxiways? CLK has the most unfriendly taxiway system around, the stopping and starting logjams associated with taxiways V & W are terrible for a so called international airport built with a clean sheet. I hope you agree you guys and girls would have it flow better if possible or at least say this wont work because of this that & the other.

Cheers