PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 31st Mar 2014, 12:55
MAD Boom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know when the age limit for serving NCA to apply for pilot changed to be the exact same as DE? As I understand the DE limit was always 26.5, but serving aircrew had up until 35?
I believe that there is no difference between Serving Airman or DE in terms of age limits at present. In training by age 26 if I'm not mistaken.

It's a step in the wrong direction IMO. There are a lot of switched on NCA who already have a high level of airmanship with a lot more to offer.
Completely agree. Just happened to a guy on our Sqn. Missed the age limit by a matter of months, no exceptions made. He's now PVR'd which is a total waste of talent in my opinion. I was rather lucky and made the jump from NCA at age 30 before the ridiculous rules were changed.

I almost jumped to the AAC some time back until it was pointed out that should I fail flying training, I would now be a SNCO in the army. I promptly thanked them for their time and replaced the receiver........

Last edited by MAD Boom; 31st Mar 2014 at 12:56. Reason: Spellcheck!