PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 100 and 200 SIDS
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2014, 09:38
Perspective

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote,
"Why would i need to? Unless I have a mishap in an aircraft as a result of it not having SIDs done.... And that's not happening."

Really, (and no, I'm not being a smart aŁ€e, you just sound very nonchalant)

News: Confusion over regulations leaves ageing aircraft vulnerable

Took me a few seconds to find...

Quote,
"SIDs is not risk management. Well, not for us anyway." You as an owner, registered operator are more responsible than I think you perceive.

& Who is Us?
Are you referring to pilots in general, or owners, owner pilots,
Owner maintainers..
& What makes you think I don't fly, and don't own aircraft.

Lets say you are an owner,
CAAP 41-2 states,

1.1 A Certificate of Registration holder for class B aircraft is required, by regula- tion 41 of the CARs, to select a maintenance schedule from one of three op- tions.

Lets say your aircraft is maintained on the CASA schedule 5.

3.3 The certificate of registration holder of a private class B aircraft below 5700 kg may elect to have an annual inspec- tion using the CAA Maintenance Sched- ule. This inspection would be required to be completed every 12 months regard- less of hours flown.

Not really intended for your 2006 C182, but So far so good.

3.4 The procedures specified in the ap- proved maintenance data detailing how maintenance is to be performed must be complied with when using the CAA Maintenance Schedule.

So far, they have directed that if you use schedule 5, you must use the procedures specified in the approved maintenance Data.

The items listed in schedule 5 are those to be inspected,
The procedures are in the maintenance (data) manual.

Ok, so you give me the, 'open to interpretation' or worse...

CAAP 42B-1(1)
When electing to use Schedule 5,

6.7 Except where otherwise approved or directed by CASA the procedures and limits prepared by the aeroplane manufacturer are to be used when performing an inspection required by this schedule.

1. The holder of the certificate of registration for a class B aircraft must ensure that all maintenance required to be carried out on the aircraft (including any aircraft components from time to time included in or fitted to the aircraft) by the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is carried out when required by that schedule.

Seems pretty clear to me..

http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_asset...-operators.pdf

Good for a brouse if you have a few spare mins, who does these days!

Last edited by Perspective; 31st Mar 2014 at 09:57. Reason: add link