PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2014, 19:59
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
The rubber cheque is indeed professional suicide for a commissioned officer and certain exit left if perpetrated on Other Ranks (hence the derivation of the word 'cashiered'?). We had a copilot who bought up most of Changi Village with them and was summarily dismissed the Service.

Once again Danny, smart work in acting so effectively on behalf of your Corporal, and well done the Senior Service. They might have said some very cruel things about the Junior One, such as describing our Station Parades as "Are you there, Moriarty?", but push coming to shove to regain an RAF Corporal's wodge (and their honour) is much credit where it is due. Pity the good Commander had to blot his Copybook then by crowing over who was to get the Bucket of Sunshine next. Point taken, as they say, but who's still got aeroplanes?

Wild thread drift alert! Have just stumbled on this rare BBC series on Youtube. 15 episodes that would have cost me 15 cups of tea in the local Milk Bar, which had a TV hung halfway up the wall. Homework all done and tuppence to spend, I was round there once a week for yet another infusion of War in the Air (and tea of course). Check #13 Danny, a clutch of Veangii if I'm not mistaken (though no doubt IAF!) :-

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...XTAFEYqUR8dh6s

Last edited by Chugalug2; 30th Mar 2014 at 22:35. Reason: Spelin