PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff Thomas "Aviation Expert" on Sunrise
Old 30th Mar 2014, 09:11
P51D

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
As soon as I saw GT's article I knew it would be red rag to a bull to the many people who follow Prune. The entire world has been talking and speculating about MH370 and the heirachy of the media, print and electronic, want different angles as to what possibly happened. The general public don't have a clue as to the intricacies of aviation and like it or not GT is held in high regard by those who know little or nothing of the industry. In their eyes he's won bulk awards and therefore he must be the oracle. Run him down as much as you like but it will continue until one of you guys, or a collection of you, corrects him in the media or goes on shows such as Sunrise etc to set him straight. Don't say they wouldn't publish a letter or allow you in front of a camera because in my opinion they would if you had something of substance to disprove GT's assertions and correcting him on language and minor technicalities won't cut it. In the meantime GT will go on his merry way being the expert the general public clearly think he is. Here's your chance to put up or shut up.