PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL study books, post EASA changes, reviews, opinions etc..
Old 30th Mar 2014, 06:00
ArmstrongR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, hang on. I'm confused with this sitting thing (and structure in general).

• If I want to do the nine units, do I get a 'sitting' time period of 10 days to complete them?
  • And if I fail one unit, I have to do that unit in another sitting (or would I have to do all the units again)?
  • How many questions are in each unit? 120 questions in a single exam for the original EASA proposal doesn't seem enough and in 9 units that would equate to just about 13 questions per unit. Surely it must be a bit more intense than that.
The whole thing seems a bit of a mess. I was looking through the Aeros shop recently and the books they offer seem to cover the old exam structure. Whilst all the information is there, the books don't fit the exams and having read the problems between the CAA and publishers, I now understand why.

To be honest, until it gets sorted out, I may as well hold off on PPL+NR training until next summer/autumn until the dust settles and everything is sorted out. At least I can save up enough cash to cover the hours building and MEP rating. The app looks like a useful tool though.