PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Commuting and Base Changes
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2014, 03:08
Whiters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Commuting and Base Changes

I recently finished my flight training in early February. Since then I have been accepted for an FO position with Ryanair on the McGinley Storm contract, starting the type rating in August. I also have another job offer from a UK turboprop operator. To help me with my decision I was wondering if anybody with experience could give me their advice/experience on the following regarding the Ryanair contract:

- Commuting – I know that it is more than likely I will be given a base in continental Europe. I have a partner in the UK (London) an option for me is, therefore, to commute. I would greatly value experiences people have of the viability of this in terms of stress/time and finances.

- Base Changes – Another option is for my partner to move with me to the base I am given in Europe. She will obviously need to get a job at that base which will probably have a contract with some kind of minimum stay period. I was wondering how often Ryanair are likely to change my base – over a 5 year period for example. I realise this is going to be based on operational requirements and is a hugely differing and personal variable but an idea from personal experiences will hopefully give me some kind of aid in making decisions.

Thanks very much for any replies in advance.