PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff Thomas "Aviation Expert" on Sunrise
Old 30th Mar 2014, 01:39
hawkerxp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If everyone took 2 minutes to send something maybe he will pull his head in. I would really like a journo to run the following article "CASA investigates why Virgin has no 777 Simulator, 10 minutes of looking has located the simulator"

[email protected]

Dear Sir,

Many of my fellow pilot's and I would appreciate if Geoffrey Thomas reported on the news rather than trying to make judgements and commentary on Malaysian Airlines flight. The fact remains Geoffrey is not a pilot and has no aviation expertise other than sitting in business class of QANTAS. I have read many newspapers but this does not make me a journalism expert. He is not trained on the Boeing 777 and allot of the information he portrays as an "expert" is simply not accurate. The information he provides is misleading and dangerous. The most obvious case being that his recreation in the "only simulator" in Australia is wrong. The aircraft he used is called a fixed based trainer and is not a simulator. The only Boeing 777 simulator in Australia is in Sydney that is used by Virgin Australia.