PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atsb AO-2013-126 Cirrus electrical event
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2014, 00:47
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't sound like they are taking this any futher, to the manufacturer or otherwise. For a "serious incident" I thought the ATSB would follow it up further and or give more information. Perhaps they weren't given all information by the operator. I still maintain that appyling flaps on a 500 ft final with the auto-pilot engaged isn't normal, but I'm not an expert.

I note that there was a mechanical issue noted:

The elevator trim was subsequently adjusted to correct an observed slight nose-up situation when the AP was disconnected.
That must mean that when the auto-pilot is disconnected it must revert back to a central location, otherwise this wouldn't have been an issue? That doesn's seem to make sense. My time in the Cirrus tells me that when the AP is disconnected it simply stops where-ever it is at the time, but doesn't neutralise, or at least I've never noticed that behaviour.

So going slow'ish with the flaps down, would require forward trim subject to W&B loadings, so disconnecting the AP should only cause this IF the trim neutralises when you disconnect.

Any Cirrus pilots care to comment?

slander (plural slanders)
  1. a false or unsupported, malicious statement (spoken or published), especially one which is injurious to a person's reputation; the making of such a statement
The comments are neither malicious or unsupported.