PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Touch and goes during solo flight (student pilot in USA)
Old 29th Mar 2014, 14:39
Skycatcher162

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Student Pilot Touch and Goes

I am a Student Pilot with about 7 hours Solo. (60 hours total) I asked my "NEW" intructor for a endorsement to go to a nearby class D airport to do touch and goes. I have 225 landings with over half touch and goes at this airport. I have practiced them Solo at "my" class D airport were the flight school is...at least I did before this instructor came here after getting fired from my first school.

He told me "A student Pilot cannot do touch and goes with out a instructor"

My last instructor did not have a problem with it (at least at flight school airport- he has left for Commercial job). I find his response hard to believe. I left my first flight school becuase of this instructor. (He "soaked" me $$ on instruction and was not focused on my training) I know he needs the $$$ and I believe that is the reason behind his response.

Can I get a HONEST answer to the point?? Is it "legal" if student is "qualified" as I believe I am? Is there a requirment that an Instructor has to be with student? Thanks!

From FAA Website:

After I’ve soloed, can I fly cross-country alone?

Not right away. Your instructor must review your pre-flight planning and preparation for solo cross-country flight and determine that the flight can be made safely under known circumstances and conditions. The instructor must also endorse your logbook before cross- country flight stating you are considered competent to make the flight. An instructor may authorize repeated solo flights over a given route.