PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Advice - What did you forget to pack ?
Old 23rd Apr 2003, 14:40
carrioke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey congrats and welcome. I am with EK and love it. I think for me I am so glad I brought pictures of my mates and family and music cds etc.. just to bring a bit of home over here. Dubai has most things that you can get from home, marmite, vegemite, if your Aussie or English, even south african washing powder and softener ( sta soft) but it is more expensive than at home. A lot of the south africans when they fly to JNB for a stopover, stock up on this, and of course the great meat you guys have and wine. I always buy stuff from @ home cause it is great, but in DXB you can find everything, it will probably just cost a little more.

With EK, you don't have a chance to be homesick really, as when you get here you will either meet the rest of your batch that day or first thing the next morning..Then you have a DXB familiarisation tour and then on to training school for 6 weeks for SEP and service, and then out on the line for your 2 Supy flights and then it all begins! As everyone is the same boat as you, they have all moved home and know no- one , so it is easy to make friends. my advice is at the beginning take up on offers of going out socially etc, cause you widen your social cicle, you can pick and chose your friends later!
Hope this is some help.