PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2014, 07:52
Shunter
Upto The Buffers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading up on glasses to correct colour vision. Anyone know anything about these?
I tried some of these. They're really strange. Yes you can pass an Ishihara test in them, but the world looks very different and I'm not remotely convinced they give the view of a person with perfect colour vision.

The problem with all these "tests" is that they are a solution to a problem which does not exist. Whilst everyone has an element of selfish about them to some extent and simply wants to get a clean medical and get on with their life, the ultimate aim should be to get rid of these tests completely.

Back in the day when I was busy being a thorn in the side of Sally/Adrian at the CAA the only incident they could reference in which CVD was a factor was Fedex/Tallahassee. Tenuous at best.

Fortunately for me (and at great expense) I managed to pass the Spectrolux test over in Dubendorf after getting 1 plate wrong on the Ishihara and 1 each wrong on the Banes and H/W at Gatwick. Apparently the scores I got at City Uni when the CAD was under development would constitute a pass, but I have it in writing that I will never be tested again and my medical status will remain colour safe so I'll probably never know.

Everyone stuck in the position I was has my greatest sympathy.