PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - African experience
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2014, 02:46
1Laser1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
African experience

Dear all,

I'm a Commercial multi engine rated pilot with IR.
I have 230 total time and I'm fresh out of the Academy. I am now trying to gather as much information as I can about flying on the African continent. This forum has helped me alot and answered alot of questions but I feel that there is still one left unaswered. I bit my apologies already if this question has been answered in any other threads about African bush flying!
I am concentrating in the African region of Namibia, Botswana, Zimbawe, Tanzania and South-Africa. The question is the following:
How do international airlines look at pilots whom have gained there first couple thousand hours in Africa, flying for aviation companies that provide the typical bush type flying?
Are the airlines and corporate airlines positive about pilots who've flown in these conditions and with these aviation companies or are they rather hesitant in taking on pilots with this experience?
In short; How does your aviation future look after African Bush flying?
Once more, I'm sorry is this topic has been covered in other threads but I couldnt find any significant opinions, stories or facts about this..

Thank you!