PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thrust on during flare...Q for AIRBUS test pilots...
Old 28th Mar 2014, 12:47
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well bloggs I refer you to my first post on the matter post 47

The flying techniques are just that techniques. Thrust and pitch are linked, cause what we want to fly is performance.
It doesn't matter one bit what you change first. It's just an easy way to teach students and give them some good concepts to quickly deal with matters. But it is as easy as I said.

But I bet your ass that when you feel a kick in your back due to a gust you immediately reduce thrust, which in a Boeing will automatically lower the nose due to it being trimmed for speed. You know this you have this experience, a student might actually lower the nose (increasing speed) and then reduce thrust to reduce speed. No experienced pilot would do this.
In an airbus you will immediately take thrust off and lower the nose with the sidestick to maintain speed.
clearly if you could read... You would see that I actually said the pitch will change.
Cause the pitch controls the speed and the vertical speed, which controls the path. But you don't even understand what a flightpath is.
So instead of thinking that I'm coming around how about you study a bit. Cause nothing what I said is contradictory.
The statement that thrust controls speed is as correct or incorrect as the statement that thrust controls vertical speed. It only does so because we are unable to detect energy requirement changes fast enough.

You have a lot of studying to do Bloggs, physics, aerodynamics, but more importantly reading.

I would start with learning how to read and actually understand. Its probably why you are having so much trouble with physics and aerodynamics.