PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2014, 10:25
LastPastthePost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats strange, I just double checked my notes and they say the last day is the 31st. I made the notes based on Lindsay's presentation at lunchtime, maybe it was a typo.

For me the day went ok. I dont think it went perfectly but there were no big disasters either. I guess I am somewhere on the bubble.

The only feedback I would have, is that the interview had too much content for the time allocated for it. So I felt the 2nd half of the interview (ie where the note taker swapped) was rushed and it was difficult to give detailed answers under the time constraint.

I've been working the sums on the finance side. If you look at the base rate over the last ten years, its peaked at 5.75% so the interest rate on the loan will be 9.65%. If that happens in the early years, the monthly payments could hit £ 2000. So even with a base salary of 20k plus the monthly 1k repayments, there isn't going to be much money left. It would have been nice to have the option of a fixed rate.

Obviously this is not a reason to turn down such an amazing opportunity (especially compared to the pay to fly deals out there) and hopefully other sources of funding (unsecured loans, shelf stacking etc) will be available in those early first years..