PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2014, 10:20
Airborne_Junglie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIK3141 said "And it seems only natural to me that the owners would wait for Mr Py to report before making changes to management or anything else"

Which puzzles me. What do you think Mr Py is going to find? Hitherto hidden evidence of competence and imagination? A drawer full of business acumen stashed in a previously locked room?

There are, we all know, companies doing all they can to work at PIK and being actively discouraged by the current management team. It's also fairly common knowledge, I should imagine, that there are at least two companies who have approached ScotGov with coherent and workable business plans which could turn the airport around, even with the huge losses posted last year.

Obviously the incumbent management will push back against that, because anything else would be like turkeys voting for Christmas. But if we're interested in PIK working and in getting value for the public money being spent then we should be creating a stink about it. Because the present situation is a shambles.