PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A-320 accumulator low pressure and check
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2014, 09:22
Jimmy Hoffa Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A-320 accumulator low pressure and check

In the cockpit preparation the older Airbus there used to be a brake accumulator pressure check where you release the parking brake and check for
a minimum of like 2000 psi. You need a minimum brake pressure from the accumulator.

In the FCOM it states the accumulator maintains the pressure for 12 hours.

The new aircraft the accumulator check is not done, why ? only checking the green accu pressure gauge. Yes there have been improvements in the alternate brake system.

In the new aircraft if you do a accumulator pressure check ( not in the FCOM, yes ) and the yellow accumulator low pressure ECAM comes on, on the second press,Airbus now does not have this check in the cockpit preparation, only you release the parking brake and check the pressure on the brake indicator.

Now you lose Green and Yellow you need 7 brake applications.
Personally, I want to know that I will have 7 brake applications if I need it. Right?

if you have a yellow low accumulator pressure warning and you call maintenance, they state this ( i think its in the maintenance control manual for engineers ? ), you need seven applications. If on the 6th application of the brakes with the parking brake off, the exam yellow accumulator low pressure comes on, then the airplane is a NO DISPATCH. Maintenance has this in their manual.

How do we know our accumulator pressure is enough ?

You press the brakes and you see how quickly the accumulator drops out of the green, How good are these accumulator gauges ?

Right, if you fly the older Airbus and the newer Airbus there is a difference in the cockpit preparation.

Interested in instructor input and from maintenance engineers.
Thanks for your input.