PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tri Star bowing out.
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2014, 11:38
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curator,

Yep. I had applied for VC10 for years - to no avail, so assume your observations to be correct.

Then an AOC's commendation got me to the Tristar (from the Canberra OCU). It was undoubtedly the finest flight deck I've ever operated on.

The Hercules (at low level) was more fun, but the Tristar more satisfying.

Your treatment at the hands of the Establishment . . . well, nothing new there, doubt you're particularly lonely. Pete Hoskins was 216 boss when I got there and was a great bloke, he was replaced by Dave Vass, known for his warmth, sense of humour and all-round bonhomie, so the squadron 'dipped' - classic Sine wave often seen in the RAF.

Operating both the Tristar and DC10 as a civvy was most enjoyable and IS different. Especially when ex-Sqn Execs turn up as co-pilots . . .

I think we need to arrange to meet up between here and Lincoln and have a beer mate. I think you've got my number (in Donny). I'll bring my lancet

The 'system' proves again that Loyalty is a one-way phenomenon, but they were paying you so the contract was fulfilled (which is all the civvies ever asked for - simples).

Nil Illegitimus Carborundum (or somesuch).