PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 27th Mar 2014, 11:16
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SS No Conspiricy theory just frustration. There is nothing hidden about my use of the word Bl****. Its just that I dont like to swear especially in print so I'm sure that you can work it out, - (mild swear word!)

Seriously, & Ive said it before, that as a Senior Investigating Officer , on internal investigations, the first thing that I would do on dealing with such matters would be to seize those tapes and go through them very carefully.

Now like everyone else I fully understand the need for care in handling such matters. But what would be wrong with a statement like " Careful examination of all recorded communication between the accident aircraft and the respective control rooms have allowed investigators to form a likely understanding what happened in the last few minutes before the accident occurred". "Nothing more will be added until the full accident report is submitted in due course."

The Policy of saying absolutely nothing merely fosters the absolute rubbish that many of the contributors to this thread have contributed. The subject has just been going round and round, fueled I think by the belief that the whole thing remains a complete mystery. Maybe it is, but if it is not then a brief note to that effect might help.

TF