PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thrust on during flare...Q for AIRBUS test pilots...
Old 27th Mar 2014, 10:38
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to answer a question that is more complex then you clearly understand with a yes or no answer.

I'm not talking to a newbie, I'm talking to an experienced pilot who should know his aerodynamics. I'm not joining you in your black and white world of ignorance.

As I said before, a speedstable aircraft will raise its nose aerodynamically after an increase in speed thus reducing its vertical speed. This happens in a phugoid movement that will find a new equilibrium at its original trimmed speed and reduced vertical speed. Reducing the thrust will increase the vertical speed.

You may remember the feeling of the aircraft ballooning when you hit an updraft. the speed itself might not even increase, did you ever consider that the speed increases because you stick to the path by pushing the nose down.

An experienced pilot controls thrust and pitch simultaneously! Simply because they interact with each other all the time.