PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2014, 08:55
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KCAA exams

I take it those that complain about the contents of KCAA exams being irrelevant or Kenya IR is outdated...are Frozen ATPL candidates? You can't have any measureable experience in the aviation industry and talk like that!

Whether Met questions relate to the SouthIndian Ocean or Kathmandu or Siberia..should not deter you from answering ...if you read your theory.As an ATPL(not Frozen nonsense)...you are rquipped to fly ANYWHERE on this globe! Not just Kenya! Having said that you will expect to see some Kenya related met in your randomly asked questions from their database which is sourced from JAA, FAA, and other ICAO national exams.

The KCAA disuading use of CX pathfinders is for. Reason.Don't call yourself a Pilot if challenged by a E6B slide rule! Batteries do die ..so your CX comp won't be of any use on some trans oceanic or Transcontinental flight when electronics have packed and have to fly by ref to your standby instruments.We all had to use the E6B from our initial conversion back in the late 80s to more recent candidates that sat the computerised exams.My critique is that some candidates cheated by using their smart phones...when the phones were allowed..as they simply went to aviation.tire and got the answers.I think phones are no longer allowed.

About the KCAA IRT...it is not about shooting aproaches like the FAA emphasises..it is a Command Instrument Raing based on the old British CAA standard...which was arguably one of the most stringent. Yes I know there some lenient and corrupt examiners but it doesn't detract from the fact its syllabus is not classified material and it requires you to be well informed and flying performance standards are high.Planes available may not be up to scartch in terms of serviceabilit..but then it is up to you the candidate to seek the plane that will help you pass..not stres you out die to poor rigging or faulty instruments..as have been observed on a few of the school's fleet.

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 27th Mar 2014 at 09:09.