PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thrust on during flare...Q for AIRBUS test pilots...
Old 26th Mar 2014, 22:50
nitpicker330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
misd-agin-----looks like you missed the point of the whole exercise yet AGAIN.

Do you think I'm stupid pal? Really?

Of course in flight Pitch controls the IAS ( as can thrust if required. ) I'm fully aware that during a "flight level change"( Boeing ) or Open Descent ( Airbus ) the elevator controls the pitch ( hence IAS ) while the thrust is at idle.
I'm also aware that during climb with THR REF VNAV SPD ( Boeing ) THRCLB CLB A/THR ( Airbus ) pitch also controls the IAS.

Then there are modes where the THR is controlling the IAS such as SPD VS ( Boeing ) SPEED VS ( Airbus ) there are horses for courses my friend.

If you are hand flying at 10,000' with manual thrust and you wish to increase IAS from say 220 to 250 YOU DONT PUSH THE NOSE DOWN DO YOU? YES THATS RIGHT YOU INCREASE THUST THEN AS A CONSEQUENCE PUSH FORWARD ( if req depending on a/c type ) TO MAINTAIN ALT.

We are taking about the approach phase mate and the touchdown part, NOT about doing loops in an F18.....( fun I'm sure )

For goodness sake get a grip.

Just like your stupid comment on page 1 you just don't get it.

With regards to the Stall recovery, a quick read of your QRH will reveal the current Approach to stall recovery technique. Obviously number 1 is to reduce the AOA via your primary flight control surface called the ELEVATOR......Thrust is secondary....wow Rocket Science pal hey!!

I'LL NOW PUT IT INTO CAPITALS FOR YOU SO YOU UNDERSTAND......

ON APPROACH IN BOEING AND AIRBUS JET AIRCRAFT THE PILOT CONTROLS IAS USING THRUST AND THE SINK RATE USING PITCH.

This has been the case since the advent of Jet transport Aircraft. The fact that you and Noodle say otherwise reflects on a very poor basic understanding of handling a jet Aircraft, a lack of training, sheer ignorance, stupidity or all of the above.

No matter how many times Noodle insults me and says I shouldn't command anything bigger than a Kite DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACTS.

Last edited by nitpicker330; 26th Mar 2014 at 23:24.